- Calaméo Images Images Images - - Calaméo Calaméo - Calaméo
The state of Connecticut employs a Graduated Driver Licensing program. This means that drivers under the age of 18 must first successfully earn and hold a provisional drivers license before moving on to an unrestricted license.
Once you’ve completed all of the drivers education training and time requirements, you’ll be eligible to apply for your Connecticut drivers license.Pub Télé Enfants Ans - Pas Moins Nancy 14 Heure Silence 2009 03 De 12 Destinée Aux
Connecticut Drivers License Requirements
When you visit the Connecticut DMV’s Driver Training Requirements page, you’ll see that each training option requires 30 hours of classroom training, plus 40 hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction. If you choose the Home Training option, however, you’ll be eligible to apply for your drivers license after 180 days. Taking the Secondary School (High School) or Commercial driver education option reduces that time to 120 days.
The minimum age to apply for a Connecticut drivers license is 16. To apply for your CT drivers license , you’ll need to have the following:
- Your learners permit
- A properly registered and insured vehicle; you must have the registration certificate with you
- Proof of auto insurance coverage
- The completed CS-1 Driver Education Certificate, which your driving school will issue once you’ve passed your driver training course
- The $72 Connecticut drivers license fee
Your qualified trainer must be present at the DMV to sign a form declaring that you’ve fulfilled all of your driver education and behind-the-wheel training requirements. This can be the parent or legal guardian who provided you with behind-the-wheel driving instruction.
You’ll need to pass a road test before you can get your first license. The information on the test can be found in the Connecticut Drivers Manual. When you’re ready to take the test, you can schedule an appointment at the nearest Connecticut DMV testing office. Some licensed driving schools actually offer the DMV road test at their facility. If yours does, you’ll need to present the following:
- Your learners permit
- A completed Application for Non-Commercial Learner Permit and/or Driver License(form R-229), which your qualified trainer must sign
- The completed CS-1 Driver Education Certificate
Once you’ve passed the road test, you must wait 48 hours before you take your Road Test Evaluation Form to the DMV to get your license.
How the Connecticut Graduated Drivers License Works
Congrats! You’ve earned your first drivers license. But until you turn 18, there are a few restrictions that you’ll need to be aware of.
Why Id Buy Connecticut Fakeyourid From Business Network FakeFor the first 6 months after obtaining your license:
- You may only drive with a licensed instructor, your parents or legal guardian (provided that they hold a valid drivers license) or a person who is at least 20 years old and has held a license for at least 4 years with no suspensions during the last 4 years
- After 6 months, you may also drive with immediate family (brothers and sisters)
Until you turn 18, you are not allowed to drive between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM. Exceptions are for work, school, religious activities, or a medical necessity. Worried about prom? Future1story Asu Card Sun com.
Once you turn 18, these restrictions are all lifted.